Friday, October 3, 2008

Please Pray for Misty

So this blogging thing I don't have down like I'd want! Truth be told, I'm too busy reading everyone else's and seeing how wonderfully they write.

I have been following some wonderful, amazing blogs. I read about these peoples lives, none of which I've never met, some of which we have nothing in common. But then I say, hey we do have something in common otherwise I wouldn't be reading them!

One blog in particular has really given me a sense of admiration. If I remember correctly (these days my memory isn't the best) there was a banner that I clicked from another adoptive mother's blog. I have been following this families blog for a couple months. I can't put into words how this blog has changed me and my attitude towards so many things. I can just say I have cried tears of joy and tears of complete sadness for this family.

I am a christian woman. My family goes to Church, we pray at meals, before bed for ourselves and others. But I'm truly amazed at this gentleman's faith in God, given what he has lost and what his family has lost.

His name is Darren, his wife Misty, has passed away just recently. They have a beautiful daughter together. Misty was diagnosed with a brain tumor. She lost most of her mobility and speech. The family had opted to stop all treatments....Misty was giving two weeks to live. She lived almost 3 months without treatments and seemed to get better.

During everything this family had gone through, they kept their faith. They praised God and they believed in him and his miracles. I prayed for Misty and her family. I can't help but question why God didn't answer the thousands of prayers for Misty. I tell myself and people I've told about this family; God did answer our prayers, not in the form we wanted though. Misty is completely healed and is with our great father! But I still question, why?

I wonder if my faith isn't strong enough. If I don't believe enough in him and his timing. I want to, I really want to. I want to ask why he took away a little girls mommy. A mommy who herself had a tremendous amount of faith in our Lord.

I continue to pray for Darren and his family as I do many other families. If your interested in taking a wonderful journey go to http://www.leblancelife.com/

No comments: