Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Family & Prayer Request

The kids and I have been busy traveling the state to visit family. This past weekend we went up north to visit with Terry & Pat and their four children; Chris (10), Ashley (6), Matt (3) and Nic (3 months). Terry is an AWESOME on the side photographer, I had asked her if she would take some pictures of the kids...lo and behold...she took about 200!!! Here are some of my favorites!

Last night my younger brother (who lives in Georgia) called saying he was about 1 hr 30 min away from us and seeing if we could drive down to visit him. We jumped in the vehicle and rode down with my parents to visit Chad (he's a pilot and was on standby until the morning). We had a wonderful visit with him. The kids adore him and I'm sure the same goes for him. This was the second time he's met Dominick and the third time he's seen Marissa. It was so nice for him to be able to see them again.

I do have some pictures but haven't downloaded them yet. Marissa was being a stinker so she wasn't in any of them (i think after this weekend with Terry she's camera'd out).
We got home kind of late...around 10:30 but it was worth it to see him for a couple hours.







Prayer request:
  • Chad and his wife Rachael (brother we just saw) are expecting their first baby; a boy (Elijah) the beginning of Jan. Rachael is having some complications and was put on bed rest. They found out there is a blood clot in the placenta.
  • Please pray the Lord will keep baby Elijah safe and in the womb until he's full term.
  • Please also pray for Rachael and that emotionally and physically that God will guide her through Elijah's pregnancy and delivery safely. I know too well what it's like to be on bed rest (started labor at 24 wks with Brittany), it's gets emotionally draining, physically takes a toll and severely BORING!
  • My brother is also a pilot which takes him away for about a week at a time, please pray for Rachael's safety while Chad is away flying (Rachael's mother is going to Georgia to stay with her, but I don't think it's for another week).

2 comments:

Merrill said...

Lovely photos. Your children are beautiful!
Merrill

Michelle Riggs said...

I loved all of the pictures. You have a beautiful family.

I will be praying for your friends.