Monday, October 20, 2008

God's Dance

Marissa had wanted to be in dance class with Annika (her friend), but the dance class that Annika would eventually join the girls had to be 3 yrs old and potty trained. Marissa was potty trained (for the most part) but won't be 3 until November 9th. So I started checking dance academy's around our area, after a couple phone calls and no replies I told her she would have to wait. While I wanted her to be in dance, I had wanted to find more play date friends from Guatemala for her. There is a big resource in our area, but we are on the outskirts and most of the time the play dates are more than a 40 min drive. So I figured since she already wanted dance we'd eventually find play dates close by.

A couple weeks later she was still adamant on going to dance, so I did another web search and found a academy really close, I don't know how I missed it before (only 10 miles away) AND an added plus they had a class for 2/3 yr old!! YAY!! So I signed her up, she was to start the next day.

As Marissa and I were waiting for the rest of the class to begin, she turned to me and said she was scared. I told her she would have SO much fun and mommy would be watching right through the window. The very next minute a spunky black haired big browned girl walked in, Marissa looked at her and said "she look like me", I thought yeah she does, but didn't want to ask since I've asked before if there child was born in Guatemala (I could of sworn!!!) all to be wrong! So my confidence is out the window..anyway as class started I moved to the hallway to observe.
The mother of the little girl came over and asked if Marissa was born in Guate. YAY!!!!!!!! A play date friend!!! As it turns out Marissa and Jasmine's birthday's are only 5 days apart. As we talked, another little cutie was carried into class, yes she also was born in Guate!!! YAY!! Two play friends! I couldn't believe it!

Marissa, Jasmine and Maria are all beautiful little Guate dance girls and all live within 15 mile of each other. We've only had dance about 4 times, but it's been a nice time to talk with Jasmine and Maria's mommy's not only about Guate but parenting our 'strong willed' cuties!

As I think of dance class tomorrow and how excited Marissa is to go and see her new friends, I thank God for guiding me in the path we are on. God puts people in our paths that guide us and help us to our ultimate destination. I'm thankful that God put these wonderful new friends in our lives, not only for Marissa, but also for myself.

I'm hoping Jasmine and Maria's mommies will let me get pictures of the three girls tomorrow! They are all so cute in their leotards and ballet slippers.

I have some prayer requests. Please help pray for:

  • My brother and sister-n-law. They are expecting their first child; a boy in January. Rachael is on bed rest and has been for a couple weeks. The doctors don't plan on letting her off bed rest.

She has a blood clot in her placenta. She is very scared for Elijah. Please pray for her safety as well as baby Elijah's.

  • I'm also asking for prayers for a very special 18 month old. I'm about to go into details, but please pray for him and his very loving mother.

No comments: