Thursday, February 7, 2008

Mission Trip....Need HELP????

I am hoping to get a mission trip started and I need help. I have no idea where to begin, who to talk to and what to ask. Do I start with my pastor, Church or the directors of Eagle's Nest where we adopted Marissa & Dominick and where I would like to head?? How long do I need to plan in advance (obviously money needs to be saved).

So anyone have any ideas, anyone planned one before or is anyone heading to Guatemala/Eagle's Nest already later this year????

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Jenny,

How about contacting Common Hope. They have a site in Antigua and headquarters in St. Paul, MN.

Merrill

Angel said...

I am planning on organizing a trip to Eagle's Nest in April or May of 2009. I love it so much. I can hardly wait to go back. :0) Angel

Whitney said...

We started about 8 or 9 months prior to traveling. If you want to take a group from your church, start with a pastor and he should be able to direct you to the next step in how your church handles mission trips. Once you had a green lite from them, you could contact the Boggs to see when they needed a team and what they needed a team to do.

This is a great idea! Do you want to bring all of your kiddos?