Wednesday, January 13, 2010

D.A.R.E

Tomorrow evening Brittany will graduate from the DARE program at the school. She is very excited, as we are! If you don’t know what DARE is, it’s the Drug Abuse Resistance Education to keep kids off drugs. Each one of the students have to write an essay on why they will keep there promise to not try drugs. Then the DARE officer and teachers choose a couple students to read there essays at graduation, although Brittany didn’t get chosen to read her essay, she still did a wonderful job!

I am in awe of how much she’s grown up. She’s teaching me to become a better mother and person! Her heart is so amazingly big and is always thinking of ways to help others. She turned on the 4th, she is officially a ‘tween’! (don’t tell her I said that!).

In other news, Paul and I have been talking about adopting again…actually we’ve been talking about it for almost 2 years. Our main issue will be coming up with the upfront cost, as we trust and believe in the Lord providing, Paul is more hesitant than myself. I ask you to pray for guidance for Paul and myself to think ‘outside’ of the box on financing the adoption and finding the money.

No comments: